Beginner Swim Series
Beginner Swim Series is designed for the motivated individual wanting to go from doggie paddling and sinking to finally learning how to swim freestyle.
How would it feel to…
- Stop sinking like a rock.
- Stop flailing your arms and legs.
- Gain confidence in the water.
- Finally figure out how to swim freestyle.
It’s ALL possible with Alamo 180’s Swim Series program. Let us show you how!
“I would highly recommend the beginner series to anyone who wants to learn freestyle. The breakdown of how to swim is presented in an easy to understand manner and the amount of information presented in each session is appropriate and worked in my brain. I felt comfortable, learned technique that would never have occurred to me before and am ready to move on to the next series to build upon and improve my swim.”
We created the Beginner Swim Series when we realized so many individuals wanted to learn how to swim, but were overwhelmed with where to begin. They were trying to learn on their own by watching YouTube videos, but weren’t really getting the help they needed. And they were looking for adult swim lessons in the local area, only to find there lacked high quality options. Not being able to swim prevented many from attempting a triathlon. After studying this problem for years, we found the solution!
Alamo 180’s Beginner Swim Series is your solution!
Here’s what you get in the 4 week series:
- 4 week series with 4 coached swim clinics led by a highly experienced and certified USA Triathlon coach,
- Small clinic size, capped at 8 participants,
- Educational swim videos detailing each freestyle drill for additional instruction,
- Email access,
- Private Facebook group for extra support.
Series meets 1x per week for 1 hour of in-water instruction covering the fundamentals of freestyle. Series is capped at 8 participants to ensure quality instruction.
- Session 5 | Dates: Wednesdays – 9/4, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25. Time: 5:30pm or 6:45pm clinic.
- Session 6 | Dates: Wednesdays – 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6. Time: 5:30pm clinic (only one time offered).
Location: San Antonio College pool. Swim clinics will take place in the pool located in the Candler Physical Education center.
- 10% discount on private swim sessions. If you need additional coaching outside of the series, we recommend booking a private session.
After you go through the Beginner Swim Series you will:
- Learn freestyle through a simple step by step approach.
- Understand the mechanics of kicking, body posture, breathing and the arm cycle.
- Go from not being able to swim to being comfortable swimming.
- Gain the confidence needed to one day complete a triathlon.
“I would like to do a Tri one day but my swimming is what has prevented me from trying. After taking the beginners session, I have learned so much from all the drills. As I continue to practice, I now feel confident that I will be able to one day complete a Tri.”
Ready to get started?
Learn how to swim freestyle for just $119
*Registration opens soon! Deadline to register for Series 5 is Tuesday, Sept 4 at midnight. Deadline to register for Series 6 is Tuesday, Oct 15 at midnight.
- Registration and payment reserves your spot. Each clinic time is capped at 8 participants.
- During registration, select your preferred session & class time. The clinic time you pick is the clinic time you attend for the 4 weeks series.
- No refunds (for circumstances due to injury or military assignment, please contact Coach Bree to discuss options).
- No make-ups offered. Please be sure to attend all 4 clinics. Note: If a clinic is canceled due to reasons out of our control (inclement weather, pool closure, etc), we will offer a make-up on the 5th week.
“Bree’s experience both as a swimmer and as a coach is evident, as her use of sequential drills made a lot of sense.”
“If I had been through this kind of beginner freestyle class as a kid I would have been swimming so much more. I joined a gym recently just so I can add swimming to my cardio and workout routines. I didn’t realize I could actually learn how to swim. Looking forward to next steps in Beyond Beginner!
Are there any pre-requisites to the Beginner Swim Series? Yes, you must be able to put you entire face in the water. Additionally, you must be comfortable being on your stomach in the water. All other skills will be taught.
What is your approach to teaching freestyle? Our highly successful approach is to teach freestyle step by step. We break down freestyle into separate steps – rhythmic breathing, body positioning, kick, arm cycle – so you can work on each one separately and master it before moving onto the next. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm so you can learn quickly and easily.
What if I miss one of the clinics during the series? Each clinic is set up with a warm up, drills of the week, and open practice time. The warm up portion consists of the drills from the prior week. If you miss a clinic, you will get a chance to work on those drills during the warm up. Then, during the open practice time, you can practice those drills and receive individual instruction. Additionally, you can access the swim videos detailing how to complete the drills. If you need further help, you can schedule a private swim session.
What if I don’t learn how to swim freestyle at the end of the series? It is okay! Everyone learns at their own pace. Most learn how to swim freestyle by the end of the 4 weeks and others need a little bit more time. A few participants learned freestyle after repeating the Beginner Swim Series two or three times. It is highly encouraged and recommend that you practice the drills from each clinic on your own during the week. We also provide swim videos for you to watch before each clinic as well as to reference afterwards. Our goal is to offer as much valuable instruction and resources as possible to ensure you learn how to swim freestyle.
“Great intro to freestyle in a simplistic manner…the demonstration of drills by Coach Bree were delivered very well and the feedback on our form was well observed. I truly enjoy going back to watch the videos and studying the drill then off to practice. Looking forward to future classes.”
If you’re ready to learn how to swim, we’re ready to teach you!
Start your fitness journey here
Got Qs? Reach out to Coach Bree at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-371-6515