Beginner Freestyle Swim Series
Beginner Freestyle Swim Series is designed to help you learn how to swim freestyle through a series of progressive steps. Our goal is to decrease the overwhelm so you can learn quickly, easily and confidently.
How would it feel to…
- Stop sinking like a rock
- Stop flailing your arms and legs
- Breathe relaxed and rhythmically
- Gain confidence in the water
- Finally figure out how to swim freestyle
It’s ALL possible with Alamo 180’s Swim Series program!
“I would highly recommend the swim series to anyone who wants to learn freestyle. The breakdown of how to swim is presented in an easy to understand manner and the amount of information presented in each session is appropriate and worked in my brain. I felt comfortable, learned technique that would never have occurred to me before and am ready to move on to the next series to build upon and improve my swim.”
Alamo 180’s Beginner Freestyle Swim Series
Here’s what you get in the 4 week series:
- 4 week series with 4 one hour coached swim clinics led by a highly experienced and certified USA Triathlon coach,
- Small clinic size, capped at 8 participants to ensure quality instruction,
- 45 minutes group instruction, 15 minutes at your own pace swim practice + individual instruction,
- Educational swim videos and written drill descriptions emailed after each clinic for additional instruction and support,
- Email access to instructor,
- Private Facebook group for extra support.
- Alamo 180 swim cap
After you go through Swim Series, you will:
- Learn freestyle quickly through our simple and proven step by step approach.
- Understand relaxed and rhythmic breathing, kicking, body positioning, and arm cycle. You will work on each one separately (with the group and on your own) so you can learn quickly with less overwhelm.
- Go from not being able to swim to being comfortable swimming.
- Gain the confidence needed to one day complete a triathlon should that be your ultimate goal.
“I would like to do a Tri one day but my swimming is what has prevented me from trying. After taking the session, I have learned so much from all the drills. As I continue to practice, I now feel confident that I will be able to one day complete a Tri.”
Series meets 1x per week for 1 hour of in-water instruction covering the fundamentals of freestyle.
SOLD OUT Session 2: Wednesdays: March 25, April 1, April 8, April 15 at 5:30pmRegister Session 2 ›
- Session 3: Wednesdays: May 6, 13, 20, 27 at 5:30pm Register Session 3 ›
Location: San Antonio College pool. Each session will take place in the pool located in the Candler Physical Education center.
Learn how to swim freestyle for just $139
- Registration and payment reserves your spot. Each clinic time is capped at 8 participants.
- During registration, select your preferred session & class time. The clinic time you pick is the clinic time you attend for the 4 weeks series.
- No refunds (for circumstances due to injury or military assignment, please contact Coach Bree to discuss options).
- No make-ups offered. Please be sure to attend all 4 clinics. Note: If a clinic is canceled due to reasons out of our control (inclement weather, pool closure, etc), we will offer a make-up on the 5th week.
“I highly recommend this swim series offered by Alamo 180!!! Coach Bree is the best; she is super knowledgeable in all things swim, she is a great motivator, tough (but in a nice way), gives you great feedback, and is always accessible if you have any questions. If you want to learn to swim, sign up for this awesome series!”
“Bree’s experience both as a swimmer and as a coach is evident, as her use of sequential drills made a lot of sense.”
“I always felt like it was a fight for survival when I tried to swim. I never thought I would feel comfortable in the water. I am now looking forward to continue improving what I learned and continue to learn more strokes. Thank you!!!”
“If I had been through this kind of beginner freestyle class as a kid I would have been swimming so much more. I joined a gym recently just so I can add swimming to my cardio and workout routines. I didn’t realize I could actually learn how to swim. Looking forward to next steps in Beyond Beginner!
Are there any pre-requisites to the Beginner Freestyle Swim Series? Yes, you need to be able to put your entire face in the water. Additionally, you must be comfortable being on your stomach in the water. All other skills will be taught.
What is your approach to teaching freestyle? Our highly successful approach is to teach freestyle step by step. We break down freestyle into separate steps – rhythmic breathing, body positioning, kick, arm cycle – so you can work on each one separately and master it before moving onto the next. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm so you can learn quickly and easily.
What if I miss one of the clinics during the series? Each clinic is set up with a warm up, drills of the week, and open practice time. The warm up portion consists of the drills from the prior week. If you miss a clinic, you will get a chance to work on those drills during the warm up. Then, during the open practice time, you can practice those drills and receive individual instruction. Additionally, you can access the swim videos detailing how to complete the drills. If you need further help, you can schedule a private swim session.
What if I don’t learn how to swim freestyle at the end of the series? It is okay! Everyone learns at their own pace. Most learn how to swim freestyle by the end of the 4 weeks and others need a little bit more time. A few participants learned freestyle after repeating the Swim Series Level 1 an additional time through. It is highly encouraged and recommend that you practice the drills from each clinic on your own during the week. We also provide swim videos for you to watch before each clinic as well as to reference afterwards. Our goal is to offer as much valuable instruction and resources as possible to ensure you learn how to swim freestyle.
“Great intro to freestyle in a simplistic manner…the demonstration of drills by Coach Bree were delivered very well and the feedback on our form was well observed. I truly enjoy going back to watch the videos and studying the drill then off to practice. Looking forward to future classes.”
“I really liked the video recaps and the personal feedback…very helpful”
“Excellent breakdown and demonstration of the skills”
“This swim series went above and beyond my expectations!”
Start your fitness journey here
Got Qs? Reach out to Coach Bree at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-371-6515