Classes will resume once the SAC pool reopens. At this time, all campus facilities (which includes the pool) are closed through the summer months.
Better Freestyle Swim Series
Learn how to improve your freestyle through a simple process. Each class will cover drills specific to each part of freestyle – breathing, body positioning, arm cycle, kick and rotation. You’ll know what part of freestyle you’re working on and why. Our goal is to decrease the overwhelm, so you can improve your form quickly and easily.
How would it feel to…
- Learn what you are doing wrong and the exact drill(s) that will fix it,
- Improve your form so you can swim faster,
- Swim a straight line in the pool and in the open water,
- Figure out how to kick correctly,
- Exit the swim portion on race day with energy, not exhaustion.
It’s ALL possible with Alamo 180’s Swim Series program.
“I learned more in these 4 hour sessions than I have with any other swim clinic- to include Total Immersion swim clinics. It’s very easy to point out flaws or weaknesses in someone’s freestyle but to connect that weakness with a swim drill to correct or overcome that weakness was priceless. Thank you Bree!!“
Alamo 180’s Better Freestyle Swim Series
Here’s what you get in the 4 week series:
- 4 one hour coached swim clinics led by a highly experienced and certified coach,
- 45 minutes group instruction + 15 minutes at your own pace swim practice along with individual instruction,
- Small clinic size, capped at 8 participants to ensure to ensure high quality and attentive instruction
- Swim videos and written drill descriptions provided before and after each class for additional instruction and support,
- Email access to coach,
- Private Facebook group for extra support and community.
After you go through the Swim Series you will:
- Learn the exact drills that will improve your freestyle.
- Understand proper and efficient kicking, body positioning, rhythmic breathing, arm cycle, and rotation.
- Learn how to spot your errors and simple ways to self correct.
“Bree, I truly appreciated your ability to notice exactly what and where I needed/need improvement during the drills and swims. I was amazed at how you could keep up with everyone in the class to be able to help each and everyone of us where we needed it. You were very patient with me even when I wasn’t patient with myself. I had to miss two of the classes, but your videos were very helpful. I am so very thankful I registered for this class.”
Series meets 1x per week for 1 hour of in-water instruction covering intermediate and advanced fundamentals of freestyle.
Location: San Antonio College pool. Each session will take place in the pool located in the Candler Physical Education center.
$179 investment into learning how to improve your freestyle.
- Registration and payment reserves your spot. Each clinic time is capped at 8 participants.
- During registration, select your preferred month & class time. The clinic time you pick is the clinic time you attend for the 4 weeks series.
- No refunds (for circumstances due to injury or military assignment, please contact Coach Bree to discuss options).
- No make-ups offered. Please be sure to attend all 4 clinics. Note: If a clinic is canceled due to reasons out of our control (inclement weather, pool closure, etc), we will offer a make-up on the 5th week.
“Thank you Coach Bree for the great swim series! You truly made it fun and easy.” 🏊♀️ 😊
“Being a self taught triathlete swimmer, I signed up for this class to help improve my freestyle. WOW, am I so glad I did!!! It was a game changer learning proper technique to swim more efficiently. The adjustments in my stroke and movement in the water made a HUGE difference. Coach Bree gave me so many tools that I think about every time I hit the water. I highly recommend this class!”
“Absolutely amazing class. Bree and the rest of the group was great, and it really made a huge difference in my freestyle technique.”
“You have helped me so much with my form and technique and I really appreciate your expert instruction!”
“I just wanted to give you feedback regarding my IMAZ attempt after taking your Better Freestyle swim class. Thanks to your instruction, I swam a nice pace. Office swim time was 1:38:23. Thank you for all your help (swim instructions & IMAZ race tips).”
“Bree it was awesome! I feel more confident in my freestyle and knowing the proper technique. Once you do the drill and put it together makes more sense. I appreciate it Bree. Thank you for everything you do!“
“Thank you for the swim series. I was able to start paying close attention to things I was not aware I was doing and make better connections, like rotation and pulling. You were very very patient and gave lots of pointers.”
“I’ve really enjoyed your instruction in the Beginner Freestyle and this Better Freestyle class and hope to sign up for a future class to continue to build on the technique and confidence I have acquired from these classes. “
“Coach Bree, This is a great series for swimmers wanting to improve technique and understanding how their bodies should be moving thru the water. Your visual teaching method is extremely helpful to ‘see’ what should be happening in the water. The teaching of action/re-action (ie. if you do this then that happens) helps to complete the learning. Length of the class is on point!”
Are there any pre-requisites to the Better Freestyle Swim Series? Yes, you must be able to swim freestyle one length of the pool, non-stop, without fins. If you cannot complete this pre-requisite, we recommend attending our Beginner Freestyle Swim Series (or going through it again) and/or booking a private swim session.
What is your approach to teaching how to improve freestyle? Our highly successful approach is to break down freestyle into separate – rhythmic breathing, body positioning, kick, arm cycle and rotation – so you can work on each one separately. You will learn drills at each class that relate specifically to each part of freestyle you’re trying to improve. You’ll know what part of freestyle you’re working on and why. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm so you can learn quickly and easily.
What if I miss one of the clinics during the series? Each clinic is set up with a warm up (drills from the prior week), drills of the week, and open practice time. The warm up portion consists of the drills from the prior week. If you miss a clinic, you will get a chance to work on those drills during the warm up. Then, during the open practice time, you can practice those drills and receive individual instruction. Additionally, you can access the swim videos detailing how to complete the drills. If you need further help, you can schedule a private swim session.
“Every thing was excellent! I would recommend to anyone that would like to learn or help to increase their freestyle swim!”
“Even though I have done a few triathlons and gone to multiple Alamo 180 swim workouts I still learned a lot. I was at first worried that the series would be beyond me, it wasn’t. There were tips and tricks that I needed to hear new and then some things from previous workouts I needed refreshing. Thanks so much!”
Got Qs? Reach out to Coach Bree at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-371-6515