Better Freestyle Swim Series
Better Freestyle Swim Series is designed to improve your freestyle through a series of progressive steps. Expert instruction covering breathing, rotation, stability, arm cycle and kick so you can improve your form, power and speed. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm, so you can improve your stroke mechanics quickly and easily.
How would it feel to…
- Learn what you are doing wrong and the exact drill(s) that will fix it
- Stop spending extra hours in the pool just trying to get faster
- Freestyle more efficiently so you can make that Half or Full Ironman swim distance a reality
- Exit the swim portion on triathlon race day feeling strong, confident and not having used up all your energy
- Learn how to breathe bilaterally so you can be more confident and strategic on race day
It’s ALL possible with Alamo 180’s Swim Series program.
“Being a self taught triathlete swimmer, I signed up for this class to help improve my freestyle. WOW, am I so glad I did!!! It was a game changer learning proper technique to swim more efficiently. The adjustments in my stroke and movement in the water made a HUGE difference. Coach Bree gave me so many tools that I think about every time I hit the water. I highly recommend this class!”
Alamo 180’s Better Freestyle Swim Series
Here’s what you get in the 4 week series:
- 4 week series with 4 one hour coached swim clinics led by a highly experienced and certified USA Triathlon coach,
- Small clinic size, capped at 8 participants to ensure quality instruction,
- 45 minutes group instruction, 15 minutes at your own pace practice + individual instruction,
- Educational swim videos and written drill descriptions emailed after each clinic for additional instruction and support,
- Email access to instructor,
- Private Facebook group for extra support.
- Alamo 180 swim cap,
- 10% discount on private swim sessions. If you need additional coaching outside of the series, we recommend booking a private session.
After you go through the Swim Series you will:
- Learn how to improve your freestyle through a simple step by step approach.
- Understand the mechanics of kicking, body positioning, rhythmic breathing, arm cycle, and rotation.
- Learn the right swim drills you can use in your workouts that will help you continue to improve your form and efficiency.
- Learn how to spot your errors and simple ways to self correct.
“I would highly recommend the swim series by Coach Bree. I recently attended them and have a better foundation of my swim strokes. My pace has increased significantly and I’m finally enjoying my freestyle swims!”
Series meets 1x per week for 1 hour of in-water instruction covering intermediate and advanced fundamentals of freestyle.
- Session 1: Wednesdays: January 22, January 29, February 5, February 12 at 6:45pm. Register Session 1 ›
- Session 2: Wednesdays: March 25, April 1, April 8, April 15 at 6:45pm. Register Session 2 ›
Location: San Antonio College pool. Each session will take place in the pool located in the Candler Physical Education center.
Learn how to improve your freestyle for just $139
- Registration and payment reserves your spot. Each clinic time is capped at 8 participants.
- During registration, select your preferred month & class time. The clinic time you pick is the clinic time you attend for the 4 weeks series.
- No refunds (for circumstances due to injury or military assignment, please contact Coach Bree to discuss options).
- No make-ups offered. Please be sure to attend all 4 clinics. Note: If a clinic is canceled due to reasons out of our control (inclement weather, pool closure, etc), we will offer a make-up on the 5th week.
- If you are on active CrossFit and Triathlon memberships, select the Alamo 180 Athlete option. For all other participants, please select the Community Athlete option.
“I just wanted to give you feedback regarding my IMAZ attempt after taking your Better Freestyle swim class. Thanks to your instruction, I swam a nice pace. Office swim time was 1:38:23. Thank you for all your help (swim instructions & IMAZ race tips).”
“Bree it was awesome! I feel more confident in my freestyle and knowing the proper technique. Once you do the drill and put it together makes more sense. I appreciate it Bree. Thank you for everything you do!“
“Thank you for the swim series. I was able to start paying close attention to things I was not aware I was doing and make better connections, like rotation and pulling. You were very very patient and gave lots of pointers.”
“I’ve really enjoyed your instruction in the Beginner Freestyle and this Better Freestyle class and hope to sign up for a future class to continue to build on the technique and confidence I have acquired from these classes. “
Are there any pre-requisites to the Better Freestyle Swim Series? Yes, you must be able to swim freestyle one length of the pool, non-stop, without fins. If you cannot complete this pre-requisite, we recommend attending our Beginner Freestyle Swim Series (or going through it again) and/or booking a private swim session.
What is your approach to teaching how to improve freestyle? Our highly successful approach is to break down freestyle into parts – rhythmic breathing, body positioning, kick, arm cycle and rotation – so you can work on each one separately and understand how it can improve your freestyle. You will learn drills at each clinic that relate specifically to each part of freestyle you’re trying to improve. You’ll know what part you’re working on and why. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm so you can learn quickly and easily.
What if I miss one of the clinics during the series? Each clinic is set up with a warm up (drills from the prior week), drills of the week, and open practice time. The warm up portion consists of the drills from the prior week. If you miss a clinic, you will get a chance to work on those drills during the warm up. Then, during the open practice time, you can practice those drills and receive individual instruction. Additionally, you can access the swim videos detailing how to complete the drills. If you need further help, you can schedule a private swim session.
“Every thing was excellent! I would recommend to anyone that would like to learn or help to increase their freestyle swim!”
“Even though I have done a few triathlons and gone to multiple Alamo 180 swim workouts I still learned a lot. I was at first worried that the series would be beyond me, it wasn’t. There were tips and tricks that I needed to hear new and then some things from previous workouts I needed refreshing. Thanks so much!”
Got Qs? Reach out to Coach Bree at email@example.com or 210-371-6515