Swim Series Level 2
Swim Series Level 2 is designed to improve your freestyle through a series of steps. Improve your form, power and speed. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm, so you can improve your stroke quickly and easily.
How would it feel to…
- Finally break the 2:00, 1:45 or even 1:30 per 100 pace you’ve been stuck at
- Freestyle more efficiently so you can make that Half or Full Ironman swim distance a reality
- Exit the swim portion on triathlon race day not having used up all your energy
- Learn what you are doing wrong and the exact drill(s) that will fix it
It’s ALL possible with Alamo 180’s Swim Series program.
“Being a self taught triathlete swimmer, I signed up for this class to help improve my freestyle. WOW, am I so glad I did!!! It was a game changer learning proper technique to swim more efficiently. The adjustments in my stroke and movement in the water made a HUGE difference. Coach Bree gave me so many tools that I think about every time I hit the water. I highly recommend this class!”
Alamo 180’s Swim Series Level 2
Here’s what you get in the 4 week series:
- 4 week series with 4 one hour coached swim clinics led by a highly experienced and certified USA Triathlon coach,
- Small clinic size, capped at 8 participants to ensure quality instruction,
- 45 minutes group instruction, 15 minutes at your own pace practice + individual instruction,
- Educational swim videos and written drill descriptions emailed after each clinic for additional instruction and support,
- Email access to instructor,
- Private Facebook group for extra support.
- Alamo 180 swim cap,
- 10% discount on private swim sessions. If you need additional coaching outside of the series, we recommend booking a private session.
Series meets 1x per week for 1 hour of in-water instruction covering intermediate and advanced fundamentals of freestyle.
- Stay tuned for 2020 dates
Location: San Antonio College pool. Each session will take place in the pool located in the Candler Physical Education center.
After you go through the Swim Series Level 2 you will:
- Learn how to improve your freestyle through a simple step by step approach.
- Understand the mechanics of kicking, body positioning, rhythmic breathing, arm cycle, and rotation.
- Learn how to spot your errors and simple ways to self correct.
“I would highly recommend the swim series by Coach Bree. I recently attended them and have a better foundation of my swim strokes. My pace has increased significantly and I’m finally enjoying my freestyle swims!”
Learn how to improve your freestyle for just $119
- Registration and payment reserves your spot. Each clinic time is capped at 8 participants.
- During registration, select your preferred month & class time. The clinic time you pick is the clinic time you attend for the 4 weeks series.
- No refunds (for circumstances due to injury or military assignment, please contact Coach Bree to discuss options).
- No make-ups offered. Please be sure to attend all 4 clinics. Note: If a clinic is canceled due to reasons out of our control (inclement weather, pool closure, etc), we will offer a make-up on the 5th week.
Stay tuned for 2020 dates
“Bree it was awesome! I feel more confident in my freestyle and knowing the proper technique. Once you do the drill and put it together makes more sense. I appreciate it Bree. Thank you for everything you do!“
“Thank you for the swim series. I was able to start paying close attention to things I was not aware I was doing and make better connections, like rotation and pulling. You were very very patient and gave lots of pointers.”
“I’ve really enjoyed your instruction in the Level 1 and this Level 2 class and hope to sign up for a future class to continue to build on the technique and confidence I have acquired from these classes. “
Are there any pre-requisites to the Swim Series Level 2? Yes, you must be able to swim freestyle one length of the pool, non-stop, without fins. If you cannot complete this pre-requisite, we recommend attending our Swim Series Level 1 (or going through it again) and/or booking a private swim session.
What is your approach to teaching how to improve freestyle? Our highly successful approach is to break down freestyle into parts – rhythmic breathing, body positioning, kick, arm cycle and rotation – so you can work on each one separately and understand how it can improve your freestyle. You will learn drills at each clinic that relate specifically to each part of freestyle you’re trying to improve. You’ll know what part you’re working on and why. Our approach is to decrease the overwhelm so you can learn quickly and easily.
What if I miss one of the clinics during the series? Each clinic is set up with a warm up (drills from the prior week), drills of the week, and open practice time. The warm up portion consists of the drills from the prior week. If you miss a clinic, you will get a chance to work on those drills during the warm up. Then, during the open practice time, you can practice those drills and receive individual instruction. Additionally, you can access the swim videos detailing how to complete the drills. If you need further help, you can schedule a private swim session.
“Even though I have done a few triathlons and gone to multiple Alamo 180 swim workouts I still learned a lot. I was at first worried that the series would be beyond me, it wasn’t. There were tips and tricks that I needed to hear new and then some things from previous workouts I needed refreshing. Thanks so much!”
Got Qs? Reach out to Coach Bree at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-371-6515