Coach BreeCONTACT TRAINER
Bree Soileau is the co-founder and owner of Alamo 180 Multisport + Training. With over 8 years of coaching experience, her years of dedication to athletics have helped define her career and goals around a multisport lifestyle. She grew up in San Antonio,TX, where her parents started her in swim lessons at the age of five. By the age of 11 she joined a local, club swim team and was being coached by top area coaches and quickly excelled to the top tier team. By high school she was setting school records in various swim events. Also during high school, she joined the cross-country and track teams and soon became ranked as a top female runner in the San Antonio area in various running events. Competing at the state level, eventually received a collegiate running scholarship to the University of A&M in Corpus Chrisit, TX. Additionally, during her youth she was instructed by world famous run coach, Arthur Lydiard, author of Running with Lydiard. She also attended swim clinics, at University of Texas in Austin, led by nationally ranked swim coaches.
Professionally, Bree spent 3 years coaching swim lessons to youth learning how to swim. Also, she spent a year as an Assistant Coach at Incarnate Word University coaching cross-country and track. She has attended and received USA Triathlon, USA Track & Field, and USA Cycling coaching certifications. She regularly reads books and articles on everything triathlon. She believes that you must never stop learning.
Coaching found it’s way into her life. After years of difficult and broken coach-athlete relationships, she wanted nothing to do with coaching. In 2007, she was offered a position as a Cross Country and Track Assistant Coach in exchange for a free graduate degree. Not one to turn down an educational opportunity, she took it. She approached coaching by being the very opposite of what she grew up with.
She was supportive, understanding, and provided discipline in a loving approach rather than punishment through shame and rejection. She wanted athletes to reach their fullest potential for their own desires, not the selfish desires of a coach. She learned to become a selfless leader. She fell in love with the profession.
In 2011, Jeff and Bree founded Alamo 180 to pursue their passion and love for coaching. Bree patiently guides new triathletes to feeling comfortable in the open water, to building confidence on the bike, and developing endurance on the run. She also helps experienced triathletes make the necessary improvements to go to the next level in their athletic endeavors. Through a supportive and joyous training environment, athletes have found success training at Alamo 180.
”The winner is not just the one who finishes first, but also the one who doesn’t quit when things get tough.” ~Coach Bree Soileau
I am a coach first and an athlete second. I put the needs of my athletes first before the needs of myself as an athlete. I take it as a great honor and responsibility to be a coach, so I do everything I can to help my athletes succeed. I take great pride in making programs and monitoring athlete development along the way. I love it when athletes question my programs or workouts. It opens the door of communication and allows the athlete-coach relationship to flourish.
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from the University of the Incarnate Word
Master of Arts in Administration from the University of the Incarnate Word
- USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach
- USA Cycling Level 3 Coach
- USA Track and Field Level I Coach
- Aerobics Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Group Exercise
- Certified Lifeguard through American Red Cross
- 60 Continued Education hours in swim instruction, over 15 years experience in swim instruction.
- Former Asst. Coach of the Men’s & Women’s track and cross country teams at the University of the Incarnate Word.
- Alamo 180 Triathlon Club receiving distinction of Best Triathlon Club by Competitor Magazine’s Best of 2014.
- Has successfully coached over 200 athletes (and counting!) since the formation of Alamo 180 in 2011.
- Successful coaching of well over 100 Half Ironman finishes, and 20 Full Ironman finishes.
- Coached 2 athletes to a Boston Qualifying time (2014 & 2016).
- Alamo 180 Tri Club Team received distinction of 1st place Tri Club Team in Division V at 2015 Ironman 70.3 Texas, 2015 Ironman 70.3 Austin, and 2016 Ironman 70.3 Texas; 2nd place Tri Club Team in Division V at Ironman 70.3 Austin 2016, 1st place Tri Club in Division V at Ironman 70.3 Texas 2017.
- Years of personal and professional swim experience has made for successful swim instruction at Alamo 180. The transformation of non-swimmers to swimmers is too many to count.
- 2015 Ironman 70.3 New Orleans (PR) 4:49:19
- 2015 Ironman 70.3 Worlds Qualifier
- 2014 Ironman 70.3 Worlds Qualifier
- 2014 Ironman Arizona Finisher 11:23.02
- 2011 San Antonio Rock’n’Roll Marathon Finisher
- Olympic Distance Triathlon Personal Record (PR) 2:11:55
- Triathlon All-American Elite status, 2007
Coaching Services Provided:
- Triathlon Custom Coaching: Sprint to Full Ironman distance races.
- Run Custom Coaching: 5K to Marathon distance races.
- Private, one-on-one assessments for Swim, Bike, Run.
What does my coaching look like? For my private clients, the first steps are getting to know each other. First step is me sending out a questionnaire asking about prior racing and training experience, limiters, strengths, and goals. With this information I learn more about the athlete and can develop a solid training plan. Data analysis is given weekly to ensure the athlete receives valuable feedback on where to improve. Workout goals are made clear on the key workout sessions. Workouts are challenging and the expectations are high. I encourage and value athlete feedback. It is my goal to develop a strong athlete/coach relationship, one in which the athlete receives the support they need in order to excel and exceed their goals. It is my greatest honor to coach an athlete to a race and it’s something I don’t take lightly or for granted. I would be honored to coach you to your first race, or 100th. Doesn’t matter the distance or event, I’d be happy to coach you!
For those following the group training programs, my goal is that you get the best training plan possible and the support you need to get to the finish line strong, healthy and happy.