Coach BreeCONTACT TRAINER
Bree Soileau is the head Endurance Coach, Co-founder and Co-owner of Alamo 180 Multisport + Training.
”The winner is not just the one who finishes first, but also the one who doesn’t quit when things get tough.” ~Coach Bree Soileau
I take it as a great honor and responsibility to be a coach, so I do everything I can to help my athletes succeed. I remain a student of the sport and read up on just about everything I can get my hands on. A wise coach produces smart and confident athletes. A confident athlete is an unstoppable athlete. I take great pride in making programs and training plans and monitoring athlete development along the way. I love it when athletes question my programs or workouts. It opens the door of communication and allows the athlete-coach relationship to flourish.
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from the University of the Incarnate Word
Master of Arts in Administration from the University of the Incarnate Word
- USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach
- USA Cycling Level 3 Coach
- USA Track and Field Level I Coach
- Aerobics Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Group Exercise
- Certified Lifeguard through American Red Cross
- 60 Continued Education hours in swim instruction, over 18 years experience in swim instruction.
- Former Asst. Coach of the Men’s & Women’s track and cross country teams at the University of the Incarnate Word.
- Alamo 180 Triathlon Club receiving distinction of Best Triathlon Club by Competitor Magazine’s Best of 2014.
- Has successfully coached over 250 athletes (and counting!) since the formation of Alamo 180 in 2011.
- Successful coaching of almost 200 Half Ironman finishes and 50 Full Ironman finishes.
- Coached 3 athletes to a Boston Qualifying time (2014, 2016, 2017).
- Alamo 180 Tri Club Team received distinction of 1st place Tri Club Team in Division V at 2015 Ironman 70.3 Texas, 2015 Ironman 70.3 Austin, and 2016 Ironman 70.3 Texas; 2nd place Tri Club Team in Division V at Ironman 70.3 Austin 2016, 1st place Tri Club in Division V at Ironman 70.3 Texas 2017.
- Years of personal and professional swim experience has made for successful swim instruction at Alamo 180. The transformation of non-swimmers to swimmers is too many to count.
- 2015 Ironman 70.3 New Orleans (PR) 4:49:19
- 2015 Ironman 70.3 Worlds Qualifier
- 2014 Ironman 70.3 Worlds Qualifier
- 2014 Ironman Arizona Finisher 11:23.02
- 2011 San Antonio Rock’n’Roll Marathon Finisher
- Olympic Distance Triathlon Personal Record (PR) 2:11:55
- Triathlon All-American Elite status, 2007
Coaching Services Provided:
- Triathlon Custom Coaching: Sprint to Full Ironman distance races learn more
- Run Custom Coaching: 5K to Marathon distance races learn more
- Private, one-on-one sessions for Swim, Bike, Run learn more
- Clinics – swim, bike and run clinics for beginner and experienced runners and triathletes learn more
What does my coaching look like? For my private clients, the first steps are getting to know each other. First step is me sending out a questionnaire asking about prior racing and training experience, limiters, strengths, and goals. With this information I learn more about the athlete and can develop a solid training plan. Data analysis is given often to ensure the athlete receives valuable feedback on where to improve. Workout goals are made clear on the key workout sessions. Workouts are challenging and the expectations are high. I encourage and value athlete feedback. It is my goal to develop a strong athlete/coach relationship, one in which the athlete receives the support they need in order to excel and exceed their goals. It is my greatest honor to coach an athlete to a race and it’s something I don’t take lightly or for granted. I would be honored to coach you to your first race, or 100th. Doesn’t matter the distance or event, I’d be happy to coach you!
For those following the group training programs, my goal is that you get the best training plan possible and the support you need to get to the finish line strong, healthy and happy.