Coach JeffCONTACT TRAINER
Head CrossFit Coach, Co-founder and Co-owner of Alamo 180.
Why I created the Alamo 180 CrossFit program:
I used to be a fitness instructor at a big box gym where I would have 30 or more individuals in a class. While those kinds of numbers were great for my ego, it was terrible for the individuals attending the class. Why? I couldn’t monitor form and technique, and beyond that it was impersonal. This was a huge problem, especially when looking through the quality lens.
I wanted to create a gym that offered high quality workouts in a small class setting to ensure quality instruction and maximum results. I wanted to help individuals live their best and most active life. After three years of knowing there could be a better approach, on my 40th birthday, I left that big box gym and opened a CrossFit box. My priority was to have small class sizes allowing our CrossFit certified instructors to closely monitor everyone’s form and technique. As a result, we have created an environment of service-oriented coaches, who truly care about our clientele, and clients that trust and enjoy our services. It is through this supportive community that our clients are achieving exceptional results!
Utilizing a slow, steady, and form focused training that emphasizes the need of the client, I believe that anyone can see real and lasting results!
Coaching Services Provided:
- CrossFit classes so individuals can accomplish any goal, from improved health, to weight loss, to better performance.
- Beginner CrossFit classes so individuals can safely and confidently start their fitness journey in our CrossFit classes!
- Personal Training so individuals can maximize results with a personalized fitness plan and train in a one-on-one setting.
- Associate Degree in History from San Antonio College
- Bachelor of Arts in History from Texas A&M University San Antonio
- 1995-1999 Army; 1999-2003 Air Force
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Certified Newton Natural Running Form Coach
- Aerobic Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Group Exercise
- Aerobic Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Personal Training
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF), Personal Training
- Exercise Leader Certification Army Master Fitness Program
- Trigger Point Performance Training Workshop
- Has coached numerous individuals to significant weight loss and total body transformations.
- Provides high quality CrossFit programing to Alamo 180 athletes, triathletes, runners, and obstacle course racers.
- Provides common sense nutrition counseling for everyday life application.
- 1987 US Junior Olympic Southeast Regionals Cross Country Qualifier
- Numerous US Army “300 club” recipient
- 1,010 lb Powerlifting total (430lb Deadlift, 340 lb Squat, 240 lb Chest Press)
- 3x Marathon finisher (3:10 PR)
- 2x Half Ironman finisher (5:24 PR)
- 4x Obstacle Course Race finisher
- 2016 OCR World Championships Qualifier
- ”Fran” 4:39
- ”Elizabeth” 6:11
- ”Grace” 4:24
- ”Angie” 17:15
- ”Murph” 36:00
- “300″ 13:24