Coach JeffCONTACT TRAINER
Head CrossFit Coach / Co-owner of Alamo 180.
Fitness is a lifelong journey. It is my objective to teach individuals how to live a better and more active life, and to have fun in the process.
Utilizing a slow, steady, and form focused training program that emphasizes the need of the client, I believe that anyone can see real and lasting results!
Coaching Services Provided:
- CrossFit classes accomplish any goal, from improved health, to weight loss, to better performance.
- Beginner CrossFit classes safely and confidently start your fitness journey in our CrossFit classes!
- Personal Training maximize results with a personalized fitness plan and train in a one-on-one setting.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- Certified Newton Natural Running Form Coach
- Aerobic Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Group Exercise
- Aerobic Fitness Association of America (AFAA) in Personal Training
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF), Personal Training
- Exercise Leader Certification Army Master Fitness Program
- Trigger Point Performance Training Workshop
- Has coached numerous individuals to significant weight loss and total body transformations.
- Provides high quality CrossFit programing to Alamo 180 athletes, triathletes, runners, and obstacle course racers.
- Provides common sense nutrition counseling for everyday life application.
- 1987 US Junior Olympic Southeast Regionals Cross Country Qualifier
- Numerous US Army “300 club” recipient
- 1,010 lb Powerlifting total (430lb Deadlift, 340 lb Squat, 240 lb Chest Press)
- 3x Marathon finisher (3:10 PR)
- 2x Half Ironman finisher (5:24 PR)
- 4x Obstacle Course Race finisher
- 2016 OCR World Championships Qualifier
- ”Fran” 4:39
- ”Elizabeth” 6:11
- ”Grace” 4:24
- ”Angie” 17:15
- ”Murph” 36:00
- “300″ 13:24
- Associate Degree in History from San Antonio College
- Bachelor of Arts in History from Texas A&M University San Antonio
- 1995-1999 Army; 1999-2003 Air Force
More about Coach Jeff:
Why I CrossFit: I CrossFit because it’s fun and it makes me feel good! It keeps me well rounded and develops skills on stuff I’m not so good at.
My favorite workout: Favorite would have to be “300.” It hits that sweet spot between a sprint and a marathon, plus 5 different movements make it quite comprehensive. Least favorite? Elizabeth. Barbell Squat Cleans are my kryptonite!
Favorite lift: I LOVE deadlifts. No other lift makes me feel like such a badass!
Favorite cheat meal: Just one? Where do I start? Donuts, pizza, burgers, just to name a few…
What I like most about coaching CrossFit: Changing people’s minds about what CrossFit is. Most people only know CrossFit from what they see the pros do. That is such a small percentile of what CrossFit is. Step right up, grab that bar and let me blow your mind.