Coach LexaCONTACT TRAINER
Head Run Coach & Assistant Triathlon Coach
About Coach Lexa:
Working in healthcare as a nurse practitioner, I frequently deal with the negative outcomes of inactivity and unhealthy lifestyles. Not long ago, I too was among the unfit as a self-proclaimed couch potato who had only used the word ‘marathon’ when describing an all day TV watching binge. Luckily, I joined Alamo 180 in 2011 where I found a passion for an active lifestyle and can now proudly say I have RUN a marathon!
- Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Certified Run Coach
2017 Houston Marathon Finisher, Lubbock IM 70.3 & Texas IM 70.3 finisher
2016 Olympic Triathlons & Two Half Marathons
2015 Scallywompus Alamo Beer Challenge races & San Antonio Rock & Roll Half Marathon
2014 San Antonio Rock’n’Roll Marathon – Boston Qualified & Rio SA Half Marathon- First Age Group
2013 Rock-n-roll Half Marathon & Alamo 13 Half Marathon & HITS Marble Falls 70.3- First Age Group
- 2012 Austin 70.3 Ironman
- Capitol to Coast Relay Marathon (223 mi relay from Austin to Corpus Christi)
- Spartan Race, Muddy Mayhem & Tough Mudder
- Numerous Sprint & Olympic distance triathlons
- Led the Half and Full Marathon run group for Rock n’ Roll 2015 & 2016, as well as the Houston Full Marathon in 2016.
- Successfully coached an athlete to a Boston Qualifying time in 2016.
- Successfully guided walkers into becoming runners.
- Coached 6 first-time full marathon finishers.
- Coached numerous runners to their first 5K and 10K finish line.
- Assistant triathlon coach during 2012-2013 season.
Coaching Services Provided:
- Run Custom Coaching: 5K to Marathon distance races.
- Private, one-on-one assessments Run.
Lexa’s Fitness Philosophy:
YOU CAN DO IT!
I believe everyone has the potential to be fit and happy. It does take dedication, determination and perspiration since there is no magic pill or shortcut to achieving a healthy lifestyle but the rewards are tremendous and worth every ounce of sweat!
I know from personal experience that typically the hardest part is getting started. I believe group training with structured workouts in fun and supportive environment is the best way to finding your inner, happy athlete. Joining Alamo 180 has definitely helped me reach my fitness goals and I want to inspire and coach others to do the same.
Our bodies are amazing and capable of so much if we just believe and work for it. Join me on your fitness adventure and I promise you’ll reach your full potential. Now lets go outside to play!